Set the margins of Word document.
On this page we explain in how to set the margins of a Word document five practical steps. This way you prepare your document for printing and you are always assured of a safe print margin.
To prevent an image or text from 'falling off' the page, you must take into account a distance (text margin) of at least 7.5 millimeters. Pay attention! This applies to both non-borderless and borderless files. When printing a book you have to take into account the fact that a glued (threadless bound) book cannot lie completely flat, so even if you place your design exactly in the middle of the page, after finishing it it can look like the book is not centered. This can also be seen in the preview on the order page.
The margins of a Microsoft Word document can be adjusted manually. Follow these steps to set the margins.
1. If Word is open, click at the tabs (top) for Page setup / Page layout.
2. Select the Margins / Margins option in this Page Setup tab.
3. If Margins / Margins is clicked, choose more Custom Margins / Custom Margins at the bottom of the list.
4. A Page Settings / Page Setup pop-up window will appear, in which the margins of the page can be adjusted.
5. When the margins have been adjusted, click OK.