At Printenbind.nl we believe sustainability is one of the highest priorities. During the production of your orders, we strive to minimize the impact on the environment. We try to achieve this by constantly innovating our product options, finishes and materials.
Order our ecological products here directly
PAPERWISE ECOLOGICAL PAPER
We use PaperWise paper for the 80 grams paper option. This paper is made from agricultural waste. Agricultural waste replaces the proportion of fibers from trees so that trees no longer have to be specially planted for the production of paper. By using agricultural residual material, two products now can be harvested from the same agricultural land, and even from the same crop: food and raw material for paper. The raw material becomes available more than 40 times as quick and the yield per hectare is almost 1.5 times as high. Moreover, the PaperWise production process is CO2 neutral.
CO₂ saving per 1000 kg PaperWise paper compared to:
- FSC paper made of wood fibers: 231 kg (- 20%) CO₂ equivalents
- Recycled paper: 756 kg (- 45%) CO₂ equivalents
Although the paper is made from agricultural waste, the paper is still just as white and has the quality that you expect from us. PaperWise is A-quality paper, made from agricultural waste with 100% green energy. In addition, the paper can be recycled up to 7 times and guarantees a lifespan of 100 years.
With our choice for PaperWise, we simultaneously opt for quality, corporate social responsibility and the least possible burden on the environment.
With our other types of paper we also think it is very important to look at the environment. That is why we have chosen paper types with a PEFC, EU Ecolabel, EFC or FSC quality mark. Many of our papers even have more than one of these labels. These quality marks stand for environmentally-friendly production and the sustainable conservation and management of forests. To be PEFC, EU Ecolabel, EFC or FSC certified, the paper types must meet strict rules. In this way good attention is paid to the sustainability of the products. By working with these types of paper, we try to minimize the impact on the environment.
WHAT DO THE CHARACTERISTICS OF OUR PAPER TYPES MEAN?
All quality marks mentioned in the above document refer to the environment. These quality marks represent the preservation and regulation of the environment and forests. In this way we try to ensure that the impact on the environment is as low as possible. What do the labels mean?
- FSC quality mark: The abbreviation FSC stands for Forest Stewardship Council. The international, independent FSC quality mark ensures that raw materials for wood and paper products come from responsibly managed forests, with full attention to the people who depend on the forest.
- ECF quality mark: This stands for Elementary Chlorine Free. Paper is sometimes bleached to prevent yellowing and to give the paper a certain whiteness. With ECF certified paper, no chlorine is used to bleach the paper, but a compound of chlorine and oxygen. This connection is many times less environmentally harmful.
- European Ecolabel: This label indicates that a product, in this case paper, has been produced in an environmentally responsible manner. To be able to use this quality mark, a company must meet strict criteria, such as emissions to water and air and energy consumption. In addition, no chlorine gas may be used as a bleaching agent.
- PEFC label: PEFC is an acronym for Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification. This international quality mark guarantees that wood and paper products come from a sustainably managed forest and that this forest is preserved.
- ISO certified: Multiple ISO certificates are possible. For example, many of our paper types have an ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 certificate. ISO 14001 certified means that it has contributed to the management and reduction of environmental risks. ISO 50001 certified relates to the improvement of energy use and (often) the use of green energy.
By using these quality marks, it is guaranteed that the environment is considered at various levels during production and that it is dealt with correctly. When selecting and using the paper types, we certainly take these quality marks into account!
Our Riso ComColor printer uses fast-drying ink. Our budget products are printed on this printer. In combination with our ecological 80 grams paper, the production of budget products is very environmentally conscious. This printer, unlike printers with a "toner technique", requires no heat to make the print and is therefore very energy efficient. With the cold pressure technology, CO2 emissions are greatly reduced due to a decrease in electricity production. Due to the high production capacity and the technology of the inkjet, the printer does not have to run as long, which results in a very small environmental footprint. The ink also has a much lower environmental impact than toner. That is why we are very proud of our new environmentally conscious budget option and we recommend it to everyone.
The used ink is made from rice. The non-edible rice bran, a by-product of rice production, is the raw material of the ink and contributes to the full use of the rice product: food and production material. This minimizes the impact on the environment.
All our paper is PEFC certified. This means that wood and paper products come from a sustainably managed forest, with equal attention being given to people, the planet and profit. We do our utmost to separate our waste as well as possible. This means that our paper and cardboard is collected in a large container that can then be recycled. Paper materials can be recycled up to 7 times as raw material for, among other things, new paper.
A large part of our printer products, such as toners and waste bins, can be recycled. Parts that cannot be reused are recycled into high-quality material. A large part of our printers consists of machines from Ricoh. This cycle is repeated as much as possible in order to use as little new material as possible. This way we try to minimize the impact on the environment before production.
For deliveries to our pick-up points in Amsterdam we use the service of TringTring. This courier service uses bicycles to deliver packages. By having the packages delivered 100% green, we contribute to making the city greener and to the environmentally-conscious delivery of orders.
If you want to be as ecologically as possible with your order, choose pick up at one of our pick-up points in Amsterdam or pick up at our location! This saves fuel and contributes to a lower impact on the environment!
Our printers run throughout the day to produce and deliver all orders on time to our customers. Since sustainability is very important to us, we only use green electricity. This means that our electricity is only sustainably generated via water or wind power. This way we try to make our printers and machines run as environmentally friendly as possible. Here you can find our green energy certificate.